We’re Hiring: Manager, Operations and Administration
JOB DESCRIPTION – Manager, Operations and Administration
Salary Range: $52,000-$65,000
The Accelerator Centre requires an organized administrative and operational professional to fill an exciting position in a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace. The ideal candidate must have a critical eye, excellent communication skills, be a master of multi-tasking and take on projects and initiatives without much guidance.
Reporting to the CEO, the Manager, Operations and Administration provides executive support our to CEO, VP and Board of Directors. This role is also responsible for overall management of our facilities, recruitment procedures and all administration within the organization. This position plays a critical role in our Board of Governance procedures.
- Provides administrative & executive support to the CEO and VP including:
- Coordination of travel arrangements
- Calendar maintenance including the triage of appointment requests
- Preparation of materials/agendas where necessary
- Supports our Board of Directors and governance procedures including:
- Maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of our governance procedures
- Liaise with the Board of Directors & Committee Chairs as required for the management and preparation of meeting schedules, agendas and presentations
- Manage RSVP/quorum tracking
- Attend all Board and Committee meetings for minute transcription & dissemination
- Maintain & update AC governance documents and presentations, by-laws and Board distribution lists and provide ongoing support for the Board and Committee chairs
- Overall responsibility for the management of all AC facilities including:
- Managing facility related budgets
- Establishing vendor relationships including coordinating IT service with external partners
- Working with the Manager, Programs and Client Experience and Guest and Facilities Coordinator for planning and executing client movements across our facilities and oversight of agreements with community clients
- Providing backup support for the front desk and after-hours facility emergencies
- Management of the Guest and Facilities Coordinator and that position’s role in maintaining our 3 facilities as well as the policies and procedures related to those facilities and our reception desk
- Assisting with the recruitment process for new hires including updating job descriptions, arranging interviews, other administrative functions relating to recruitment.
- Contact and Records Management including management of all internal and external contact lists (using Active Campaign and other software) and organize and manage how information is stored at the AC (via the internal shared drive and cloud-based storage)
- Assists the VP with ongoing strategic or external projects and initiatives as required.
- Be the Chief Everything Officer (CEO), find opportunity in every task and support the company and team
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in administration, operations, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting senior leadership teams; including Boards of Directors
- Conducts business in a professional, detail-oriented manner at all times, leading by example with a positive team attitude in all aspects
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer experiences for clients, visitors and industry partners
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive, confident and thrives under pressure
- Excellent organizational, trouble-shooting, and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter that can work under minimal supervision
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 18, 2019 at NOON. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.