We’re Hiring: Manager, Marketing and Communications (14 Month Contract)
JOB DESCRIPTION – Manager, Marketing and Communications
The Accelerator Centre requires an energetic, outcome-driven marketing professional to fill an exciting 14- month maternity leave contract in our fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace. The ideal candidate must be digitally-savvy and a top-notch people-person, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and build out the brand, online and off.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy and External Relations, the Manager, Marketing and Communications is responsible for all marketing efforts, communications, PR, social media, public events and content creation. This position will play a critical role in ensuring our external messaging and communications celebrate our success and raise our profile. Responsibilities include online/social/website updates, marketing & online budget management, event management and general business development. As the first point of contact this position will be involved in setting culture and engaging the ecosystem in a meaningful and impactful way.
Estimated Start Date: June 15, 2019
Salary Range: $52,000-$65,000
- Brand: manage the AC brand and visual identity across all channels; including ensuring consistency in key messages and creating marketing materials
- Content creation: writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and other material for social media channels
- Internal Communications: develop internal communications; including Board Dashboards to ensure frequent and adequate communication across all partners and stakeholders. In addition, responsible for Accelerator Centre’s Slack account administration
- Social media: creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other strategically relevant online properties
- Digital marketing: manage the AC’s digital marketing strategy with the aim of driving program applications through SEO and PPC advertising
- Public relations: managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
- Events and event planning: executing the AC events strategy, attending industry events in the KW Region (often outside of 9-5 hours) all to support raising the AC Profile
- Corporate Sponsorship: support the VP, Strategy and External Relations in the execution of the corporate sponsorship strategy; ensuring community-related deliverables are completed
- Metrics: work with the Manager, Programs and Client Experience to maintain the data collection process for client and program performance
- Budgets: creating and maintaining budgets & vendor relationships with designers and service providers
- Tours: Receiving, delegating and providing tours of facility to prospective clients, guests and industry partners
- Be the Chief Everything Officer (CEO), find opportunity in every task and support the company and team
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in PR/communications, event management or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated experience implementing and measuring digital marketing campaigns
- Conducts business in a professional manner at all times, leading by example with a positive team attitude in all aspects
- Extroverted and outgoing with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive, confident and thrives under pressure
- Excellent organizational, trouble-shooting, and interpersonal skills
- A tactical, self-starter that can work under minimal supervision and navigate multiple relationships & audiences
- “G” driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- Must be comfortable and proficient preforming all job functions on a PC
- Web development and graphic design skills are considered a strong asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 26, 2019 at 5pm. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.