We’re Hiring! Facility & Client Experience Coordinator – Hardware Innovation Lab
JOB DESCRIPTION – Coordinator, Facility & Client Experience
The Accelerator Centre requires a qualified, energetic and flexible jack/jill of all trades to fill an exciting position in a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace. The ideal candidate must be personable, have excellent communication skills, a master of multi-tasking and take on projects and initiatives without much guidance. We are looking for a Facility and Program Coordinator to maintain, manage and help support the growth and evolution of our Hardware Innovation Lab in Kitchener.
Reporting to the Director, Client Programs and Initiatives the Coordinator, Facility & Client Experience is responsible for day to day management of our innovative hardware, IoT and life sciences facility. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that client, visitor and partnership satisfaction are a top priority at all times, while ensuring each facilities, including workspaces, meeting rooms and common areas are well kept and stocked. As the first point of contact for companies at the Hardware Innovation Lab, this position will be involved in setting culture and making pivotal suggestions for programming improvements and event coordination to engage the ecosystem in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Manage first impressions – provide reception support, greet guests, direct visitors and respond to client company needs and inquires
- Monitor client movements including preparation of space, suite signage and access/security passes
- Support the Client Companies from onboarding through program completion including engagement with mentors
- Provide tours of facility to prospective clients, guests and industry partners
- Create and maintain vender relationships with suppliers for janitorial, office supplies, security, IT and service providers to provide continual support for client in both spaces
- Events – execute programming events, manage communications, RSVP lists, food & beverage and technical need
- Develop, execute and manage value-added events based on client needs
- Client requested events – key contact and facilitator for setting up and running events as the AC representative
- Make programming and event recommendations to Program Director or Manager based on observations and client conversations
- Be the Chief Everything Officer (CEO), find opportunity in every task and support the company and team
- Work with Arts Build Ontario to develop an events strategy for community events between the Arts & Tech Sector
- Recruit, interview and secure new leading edge hardware & IoT companies by attending events and working with community partners
- Assist in securing partnerships in advanced manufacturing, prototyping and assembly
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in business management, operations, event management or related discipline
- Conducts business in a professional manner at all times, leading by example with a positive team attitude in all aspects
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer experiences for clients, visitors and industry partners
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive, confident and thrives under pressure
- Excellent organizational, trouble-shooting, and interpersonal skills
- A self-start that can work under minimal supervision
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 23, 2018 at 5pm. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.