We’re Hiring! Director, External Relations and Strategic Initiatives
This posting is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied. We will be reaching out to successful candidates for an interview in the coming days.
The Accelerator Centre is seeking a highly qualified, passionate and accomplished leader to develop, lead and
help implement strategic initiatives that support the vision, goals and short and long-term plans of our fast
paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with a critical eye,
excellent communication skills, a proven ability to multi-task and take on projects and initiatives with limited
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of External Relations and Strategic Initiatives will be
responsible for government and investor relations, grant/proposal writing, corporate and other contributions and
the planning and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for ongoing sustainable funding of the Accelerator Centre.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives that support the continued growth of the Accelerator Centre including the establishment of new locations and programs.
- Serve as a strong advocate and resource for all Accelerator Centre locations, with management of all associated funding.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, other Accelerator Centre Directors, employees, consultants and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the strategic and operational planning process for the Accelerator Centre.
- Foster, develop, and liaise with key stakeholders including industry, government and community partners to advance the development of strategic relationships and funding objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the preparation of joint grant proposals.
- Proactively monitor, analyze and interpret current and upcoming government initiatives, programs, legislation and activities and provide advice on key funding opportunities for the Accelerator Centre.
- Effectively communicate and promote the Accelerator Centre’s strategic and business plans with all levels of government, and ensure direct alignment with, and support of, their efforts to create successful and impactful accelerators and incubators that boost the Canadian economy.
- Identify public and private funding opportunities for the Accelerator Centre; drive the development of proposal and grant strategies and concepts that directly support the opportunities and needs of the organization and its clients.
- Develop proposals and grants by assembling information including project context, key objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Work closely with the Accelerator Centre employees who support external relations and the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Execution of other duties as assigned by the CEO.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of five years of stakeholder/government relations or related experience, including working and communicating with senior executives.
- A minimum of five years managing a team with direct reports, budgets, and project plans
- Proven track record for securing new public and private sector investment, and leading the development of winning proposals and grant applications.
- Well established relationships with, key elected officials, bureaucrats, decision-makers and influencers across all three levels of government
- Demonstrated ability to influence and execute strategic deliverables, including the conceptualization, development, launch and management of new programs and projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively convey factual and conceptual information on issues requiring detailed explanation and interpretation.
- Exceptional relationship building skills and political savviness/agility.
- The ability to serve as an effective and credible spokesperson for the Accelerator Centre.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Well-developed writing skills sufficient to creatively and precisely articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, interpretation, and assessment.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment to achieve business objectives.
- Proven project and program management skills, including the ability to lead, work effectively with a team to develop and execute work plans.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
View the full job description here.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.