We’re Hiring: Accountant
JOB DESCRIPTION – Accountant
The Accelerator Centre requires a qualified, energetic and organized person to fill an exciting position in a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace. The ideal candidate must have a critical financial eye, be a master of multi-tasking, enjoys owning their role and loves Excel!
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Accountant will be responsible for performing all daily accounting functions, payroll, HR & benefits administration, forecasting, budget and Board report preparation. The duties described below are for Waterloo Accelerator Centre and Waterloo Accelerator Program Inc.
- Perform all daily accounting functions, including, but not limited to, payables/receivables, invoicing, employee expenses, inter-company and bank reconciliations, as well as CRA remittances.
- Manage the corporate credit card system.
- Work closely with the Director, Finance to compile monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and variance analyses (for both internal & external sources).
- Support the annual audit, including compilation of working papers, liaising with auditors, and preparation of financial statements and audit committee presentation.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget that is aligned to objectives in the Annual Plan.
- Set-up all accounts as necessary for special projects and Government funded programs.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and/or annual financial reporting.
- Support the financial portion of applications for government grants.
- Support government program audits.
- Work with the Community Manager (AC metrics), Program Manager & Client Experience team (client metrics) to coordinate metric collection (monthly, annually, quarterly) and preparation of related Government reporting & requests.
- Bi-weekly input of staff payroll ensuring any changes are compliant with legislation and internal policies
- Administer the employee benefit program. Support & set-up new team members (employee files, TribeHR, Ceridian, Manulife, HR Downloads, etc).
- Maintain finance and HR related process documentation.
- Be the Chief Everything Officer (CEO), find opportunity in every task and support the entire Accelerator Centre/Waterloo Accelerator Program Inc. teams as necessary (“other duties as assigned”).
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have a post-secondary education in accounting and/or financial management, are a designated accounting professional (or working towards) and have 3+ years related workplace experience.
- Previous payroll experience is considered an asset
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Premier and are eager to learn new things. You have the capacity to work full-time.
- Previous experience with Federal/Provincial/Municipal Government programming is a definite asset.
- You take initiative and can manage multiple tasks and multiple directions. You demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You can function with ease in a team environment and are ready/willing/able to help in all areas of the business.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before 5pm on September 19th. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.