Applications for cohort 2 are now closed! Please apply for the spring cohort starting May 2017
From start-up to scale-up the Accelerator Centre is here to help your company be Built to Scale.
Through our flagship milestone driven program, companies will be pushed through acceleration phases over the course of up two years culminating with a graduation. Our program is highly competitive with an acceptance rate of 20% or less, and founder attributes are our first and foremost most important intake criteria.
Our proven process focuses on creating excellence in every aspect of your company, not just your product, so that you can build a solid foundation on which to succeed. We look for people and companies with ideas, but who are unsure how to make them into products; those who have products, but aren’t sure how to sell them or who to sell them to; and those who want to go in a new direction or break into new markets.
The eligibility criteria to apply to the Accelerator Centre Program is:
- Be a technology company (hardware or software).
- Be a solo founder or team that is dedicated to pursuing the venture and will actively be engaged in our Program and with our Client Experience team.
- Have innovative technology that is in development, or an understanding of what is required for development. We love to see MVP’s, get an idea of your intellectual property or research, or creative business models.
- Completion of the Application Form in full.
- Ability to attend an in person interview with AC Staff and our trusted review team.
- Ability to pay the Accelerator Centre Program fee’s which start at $750/month. We provide select teams a heavily subsidized amount of services, and we do not take equity from our companies. You can read more about what we provide here.
Sounds good? Complete the Accelerator Program Form now.
We review applications once per week, and If you meet the Accelerator Centre’s eligibility criteria, we’ll contact you to review your business and decide whether you are ready to participate in the program. How long this takes depends on where you are at with your business and what Phase of our program you would be a fit for.
How We Help
A Booming Community
Waterloo Region is a great place to be an entrepreneur. To find out more about living in our region, visit the following websites.